In an age of privacy and data safety, we only want apps and programs that can keep our information secure. However, a Wave browser name seems to do more harm than good to a browser.
So, what is this browser and why are people giving it negative reviews? What makes this browser so famous and should you remove it? Let’s discuss.
What is Wave Browser?
Wave browser is a potential malware in the form of a browser that comes with many security risks. This browser is developed by Wavesor software in 2015. Meanwhile, the actual company Polarity Technologies Ltd has a close relationship with China Genimous Technology Co., Ltd. However, the true origin of the browser is yet to be confirmed.
Should I uninstall wave browser?
Wave browser itself is not a virus. It is a normal browser. However, the important factor is the malware from this browser makes unauthorized system changes without administrator permission. So when you have no control over your computer and it starts making changes on its own, it starts to get scary.
You may not even know when you installed it because it is installed automatically through the file package.
Here are some reasons why it’s best not to use Wave Browser:
- Because the browser is capable of making unauthorized changes to your computer, your PC can be vulnerable to hackers and viruses. For example, this browser can change the default homepage and other settings.
- The browser has the ability to collect data from your PC. This browser may take advantage of your important personal information.
- This program displays a lot of advertisements, banners, offers and more which may contain links that may redirect you to suspicious websites or programs. When you click the link, it can also invite malware to your computer. Such malware can take control of your computer.
- Browsers can act as a medium through which hackers can get your data, such as IP address, cookies, history, bookmarks, etc.
For such reasons, we advise you to avoid using this browser as there are others that are safer and better.
How to remove Wave browser on Windows
Now that we know what makes Wave browser unwelcome on our computer, let’s see how to remove it as it is a complicated process. Unlike other programs, we can’t just click Uninstall button. This browser is a bit complicated to uninstall as it changes the settings in the Registry and takes its place in your PC.
So even though it looks like it’s been uninstalled, it’s very difficult to completely remove from your PC. To completely remove Wave browser from your PC, you can follow these steps:
Note: We recommend that you turn off the internet connection on your PC before deleting the Wave browser. This is to make sure the browser doesn’t send extra data to the developers.
Uninstall Wave Browser
The first step is to uninstall Wave browser from the Apps and features list on your computer.
- Click Begin button and tap Apps and Features.
- Select Wave browser and click Uninstall.
- If the Wave browser app isn’t found, you can sort the date and uninstall any recent programs you don’t recognize.
Please note that some viruses can roll back and appear to be older. So it’s best to check every program and remove any that are suspicious.
Exit processes related to residual problem
For this next step, we need to open the Task Manager first. You can open it by searching for it in the search bar or using the keyboard shortcut Control + Change + Exit. Then you can follow these steps:
- On the Task Manager window, click Procedure.
- Check if there are any processes that refer to Wave browser or have similar names, like Wavesor or Iexplorer.exe.
- Select Process and click End of quest.
- If you find any of the rogue processes mentioned above, right click on them and click Open file location.
- Afterward, delete file location directories.
Turn off wave browser related items
- Click Begin button and enter
- In the new pop-up, click Start up navigation.
- Click Open task manager.
- Select all Wave browser related items.
- Click Disable.
Delete entries in the registry
- You will need to open regedit.exe register. To launch it, type Registration Authority Editor in the search bar.
- In the new window, click Edit and then click Find.
- enter Wave Browser in small box. Remove any relevant searches.
- Finally, find and delete any registry entries with names similar to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DomainSuggestion (registry key).
Now your PC doesn’t have Wave browser.
You can now restart your PC in Safe Mode. If you’re using Windows 11, here’s how you can do it:
- Click Begin button.
- Choose Power button.
- Press and hold Change Key. Along with it, also click Restart right to buy.
- Now, your computer will restart.
Next, we will remove any remaining viruses in your browser data. So if you use multiple browsers, please Firefox or edgeit is best to clear cache data and all history by resetting the browser.
To prove it, here’s how you can reset settings and clear data on Chrome:
- Open the Chrome browser and click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Click Setting.
- From the left panel, click Privacy and Security.
- Click Clear access data.
- Select all the boxes and click Time range box. Option Anytime.
- Click Delete data.
- Now go back and open the menu from the left panel and click Reset and clean.
- Click Restore settings to their original defaults. Doing so will also disable all extensions and delete cookies and other browser data. Click Reset settings.
- Then click Clean up your computer. This option will search for any suspicious files or software and delete them for you. Click Find.
- Now, restart your PC.
How to delete the wave browser on a Mac
Some of the procedures to remove Wave browser on Mac are similar to those on Windows. However, here are some simple steps you can try:
- Click Seeker.
- Click To go and then select Applications.
- If there are any apps you don’t recognize, drag them in Garbage.
The next step is to check Wave browser plugins and extensions and remove them from your browser. Here’s how you can do it on Safari:
- Click The hunt and then select Interests.
- Go Extensions.
- Select any suspicious browser extensions and click Uninstall.
- Now, restart Safari.
If you use Firefox, here’s what you can do:
- Click on the three lines to open the menu from the upper right corner.
- Click Setting and then select Extensions and themes.
- Pick any extensions you don’t remember installing.
- Click Eliminate.
- Restart Firefox.
For Chrome on Mac, you can follow the same methods above for Windows to remove extensions and clean up your PC.
The ultimate tip to get rid of the wave browser
If you still feel like you might have a virus on your computer, you can run anti-virus programs on both Windows and Mac. For Windows users, you can use the default Windows Defender Firewall or any premium anti-virus software.
For Mac users, viruses are usually not an issue due to Apple’s secure ecosystem. However, you can still use anti-virus software programs, like Wizcase or CleanMyMac X.
How to keep my PC safe from Wave browser in the future
While virus attacks are usually never your fault, there are a few precautions you can take to keep your PC safe from this browser:
- Do not click on pop-up ads.
- Don’t click on random spam emails with links.
- Do not install suspicious apk files.
- Do not install suspicious browser extensions.
- Do not download files from unverified sources.
- Regularly run anti-virus programs.
- Turn on Advanced Protection on Chrome. Go Setting > Security and privacy. Go Guard and choose Advanced Protection.
- Use a VPN regularly while surfing the web.
Which browser is the safest in 2022
Today, there are many new browsers that cater to advanced security needs. While we can’t say that a single browser is the best, we can recommend a few reliable browsers such as:
- Chrome browser
- Tor Browser