A network security key is the password you enter to connect your computers, phones, tablets, and other devices to your private network. If your home Wi-Fi network is password-protected, you’ll need to enter your network security key to connect your device to that network. Network security keys are essential because they protect Wi-Fi networks from unauthorized access.
How can I find my network security key?
You can use several methods to find the network security key. You can test your physical router/modem or use one of your devices already connected to the network. See below for full instructions.
How to find network security key on router/modem
This is the simplest method. If you can find your router or modem, it will almost always have a network security key sticker printed somewhere on it. However, it could be labeled something other than a network security key. Depending on the router or modem manufacturer, it may also be labeled:
- Network Lock
- Wireless password
- WPA key
How to find network security key on iPhone or Android
The instructions below may vary slightly depending on the brand of phone you have or what version of Android you have installed, but here’s how to find the network security key on Android:
- Open Setting and choose Connection > WIFI.
- Click on the network listed below “Current Network”.
- To scan QR code to view the network security key.
Here’s how to find the network security key on iPhone:
- Open Setting and choose WIFI.
- Click Icon “i” next to the network you are currently connected to.
- Copy router’s IP address and paste it in the web browser.
- Enter your router’s credentials to view the network security key.
How to find the network security key on Windows
Because Windows stores the network security key so you can reconnect to the Wi-Fi network without having to re-enter the password, finding the network security key on a networked Windows device is easy. Here’s how it’s done:
- Click Start menu and type “network status”.
- Under Best Match, click Network Status.
- Under Advanced Network Settings, click Change adapter options.
- In the new window that opens, right click on WIFI network you are currently connected and select Status.
- In the new window that opens, select Wireless properties.
- In the new window that opens, click Security tab.
- Finally, click check box The left side of Show off your personality. The network security key will then be viewable to the right of the “Network security:”.
How to find the network security key on Mac
Similar to Windows, finding the network security key on Mac is not too difficult. Here’s how to do so:
- Open seeker and choose To go > Utilities. Click Keychain Access.
- Find the network you are currently connected to and double-click it.
- In the new window that opens, click the checkbox next to “Show password:”.
- In the new window that opens, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
- Option ALRIGHT. The network security key will then be viewable to the right of the “Show password:”.
Protect your browsing with VPN Proxy One Pro
A network security key protects your Wi-Fi network from unauthorized access very well, but password protecting your home Wi-Fi network isn’t the only thing you can do to protect your online activity. me. A VPN like VPN Proxy One Pro can encrypt your internet traffic so that no one – hackers, data thieves, or even your ISP – can snoop on your online activity. Click the button below to learn more about VPN Proxy One Pro and all its amazing features.