If you’re a newsreader and often read your daily Google News announcements at night, dark mode can be a significant blessing for your eyes. Once enabled, it enhances ergonomics by limiting exposure to blue light, thereby reducing unnecessary eye strain, especially in low light. With that said, let’s take a detailed look at the top four ways to enable dark mode in Google News on Android, iPhone, and the web.
How to Enable Dark Mode in Google News on Android, iPhone and Web
Enable Dark Mode for Google News on Android
1. Open the Google News app on your Android device and tap Google profile icon in the upper right corner.
2. Next, tap News Settings to see available options.
3. Locate Shared and click Dark theme option to configure it.
4. Switch existing settings to Always to enable dark mode for the Google News app.
Viola! You have successfully enabled dark mode for Google News on your Android phone.
Enable Dark Mode in the Google News app on iPhone/iPad
Unlike Android, the new Google News app for iOS doesn’t offer a built-in option to enable dark mode from its settings. However, you can enable the same by turning on system-wide dark mode on your iPhone/iPad. Here’s how you can achieve it:
1. Install the Google News app on your iPhone from the official app store and open it once.
2. Next, open Setting app on your device and tap Display and brightness to configure it.
3. Furthermore, switch to dark theme to apply a system-wide dark mode to your iPhone, including all its apps, such as Google News.
4. Now open the installed Google News app with the dark theme enabled on it.
That’s it. You have successfully enabled dark mode for the Google News app on your iPhone/iPad.
Enable Dark Mode for Google News on the web
If you are accessing Google News on your PC or Desktop and want to enable dark mode on it, then you can conveniently enable it with these simple steps:
1. Go to Google News on a new tab in your web browser and click hamburger menu in the top left corner to expand the left sidebar.
2. Next, scroll the left sidebar to the bottom and click Installation options to configure it.
3. Locate Dark theme options in the general section and click on it to see related options.
4. Set dark theme to Always to enable dark mode for the web version of Google News.
Congratulations, You have successfully enabled dark mode for Google News web on your PC.
Use the Google Chrome Extension to Enable Browser-Wide Dark Mode
If you don’t want the hassle of manually enabling dark mode for Google News tucked away inside its settings, you can use a simple Chrome extension that can help you. Here’s how you can achieve the same thing:
1. Open the Chrome web store on your browser and search for the Dark Mode extension to install it.
2. Next, go to Google News on a new tab in your browser and click the extension card to see a list of all installed extensions for your browser.
3. Click Dark Mode Extension to enable the dark mode theme for the Google News tab.
That’s it. You can also enable dark mode with this extension on various websites besides Google News.
Extra Tip: Enable Dark Mode in Google Docs on PC and Mobile
Besides enabling dark mode for reading news with Google News at night, you can enable dark mode for Google Docs on your device to easily compose documents without eye strain. Follow this detailed explanation of the steps to get dark mode in Google Docs on PC and mobile.
Frequently asked questions
Q1: Can you enable dark mode on Google News for Android?
Rightyou can refer to the first way above to easily enable dark mode on Google News for Android phones.
Q2: Can you enable dark mode in Google News on iOS?
RightJust like Android, you can easily enable dark mode on Google News for iOS using the second method mentioned above.
Q3: Can you enable dark mode for Google Search on PC?
Rightyou can follow our detailed explanation to enable dark mode for Google Search on PC.
Those are all ways to enable dark mode in Google News on different platforms. If this quick explanation helped you achieve the same, then hit the Like button and share this guide with your loved ones to save them from unnecessary eye strain and health problems. Subscribe to GadgetsToUse for more helpful tips and tricks.
You can also follow us for instant tech news at Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone reviews and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Groupor for the latest video reviews, subscribe Utilities Using Youtube Channels.