Guardians must always be ready for the unexpected—everything from pursuing a warning to preventing a compromise. In the field of cybersecurity, it is impossible to predict what we will experience day in and day out. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t be ready to deal with the most important threats. Organizations can always improve their preparedness and readiness, and part of that involves uncovering the trends we’re starting to see so we’ll be ready for them next year.
To help us clear some of the fog around 2023, we reached out to Mandiant leaders and experts. We heard from Mandiant leaders, Sandra Joyce, Head of Global Intelligence, and Charles Carmakal, CTO of Consulting, about what to expect as we move into the new year.
Sandra and Charles have even more to share in our report, Mandiant Cybersecurity Forecast 2023including feedback from several other Mandiant experts on our intelligence, consulting and other functions, as well as Phil Venables, CISO for Google Cloud.
Read today’s report to learn about what we expect to see in 2023, including:
- More attacks by disorganized and non-state actors, who are younger and less motivated by financial gain.
- More extortion with aggressive tactics and can target more Europe than USA with ransomware.
- Increased information operations, sabotage attacks and more from The Big Four: Russia, China, Iran, and North Korea.
- Organizations move towards passwordless authentication, creating new opportunities for attackers and new challenges for defenders.
- Trends specific to APJ and EMEA regions, such as targeting Russia.
An important part of any cybersecurity program is knowledge, and we hope the insights shared in this report will help organizations prepare to respond to threats and Other network trends could affect them in 2023.
Download Mandiant Cybersecurity Forecast 2023 today.
For more information in 2023, be sure to register now for our webinar scheduled for November 30, where Mandiant threat expert Andrew Kopcienski will dig deep. on many of the topics discussed in the report. We will also talk about 2023 in the upcoming episode of Advantages of Defender Podcastso keep checking for new episodes.