MORRISVILLE, NC, July 28, 2022 /PRNewswire/ – JupiterOne, the industry leading provider of network asset attack surface management (CAASM) technology, today announced that it has been named Gartner Hype Cycle for Workload Template Provider and Network Security 2022.
According to Gartner, “The Hype Cycle reflects the reality that organizations must deliver effective security measures in any location (e.g., with a new portfolio of hybrid mesh firewall platforms that provide security) network regardless of its location) as well as the growing trend towards converged platforms.”
The Gartner report notes that “cloud breaches today are most likely caused by customer misconfiguration rather than cloud provider weaknesses, and that automation can offset the complexity and dynamics of the cloud environment.” One category of solutions that address these challenges is the network asset attack surface management (CAASM) space. The report explains that “CAASM aggregates content from other products that collect a subset of content, such as terminals, servers, devices, and applications. By consolidating networks internally and externally, users can perform queries to find vulnerabilities in the security scope of security tools such as vulnerability assessment and response endpoint detection and (EDR) tools. ).” JupiterOne pioneers a graph-based approach to CAASM that allows customers to track and monitor IP addresses and analyze and map all asset internal relationships.
As Gartner analysts explain, “CAASM enables security teams to improve basic security hygiene by ensuring that security controls, security posture, and asset exposure are in place. understanding and remediation Organizations implementing CAASM reduce reliance on homegrown systems and manual collection processes, and remediate vulnerabilities, either manually or through the workflow. Organizations can visualize security tool coverage, assist with attack surface management (ASM) processes, and repair systems of records that may have stale or missing data .”
The drivers of CAASM adoption according to Gartner include:
- “Full visibility into all information technology (IT), Internet of Things (IoT) and operational technology (OT) assets under an organization’s control, improves understanding of Attack surface areas and security control vulnerabilities exist or act as part of a broader ASM process.
- Faster audit compliance reporting through more accurate, current, and comprehensive security and asset control reports.
- Consolidate existing products that collect asset and exposure information into a single standardized view, reducing the need for manual processes or reliance on in-house applications.
- Access to consolidated asset views for multiple individuals and teams within an organization, such as enterprise architects, security operations teams, and IT admins, who can enjoy Benefit from viewing and querying aggregated asset inventories to achieve business goals.
- Lower data collection resistance and better security visibility for “shadow IT” organizations, installed third-party systems, and industry applications where IT departments lack management and control capabilities. Security teams need visibility in these places, while IT may not.”
JupiterOne is also recognized as a Model Provider for CAASM in the Hype Gartner Cycle for Security Operations, newly released 2022.
Gartner’s recent report on Top Trends in Cybersecurity 2022 cited “Expansion of Attack Surface” as one of the top security trends of the year due to the expansion of the digital reach of modern organization. The increase in attack surface is driven by “changes in the use of digital systems, such as new hybrid workflows, accelerated use of the public cloud, connected supply chains, etc. more closely, expanding digital assets to the masses, and increasing use of operational technology. “In our view, security leaders who reinvent cybersecurity functionality and technology architecture can better position their organizations to maintain and grow value.” in an increasingly agile, distributed, and decentralized environment.
In a sign of growing business momentum, JupiterOne has experienced exponential growth in its annual recurring revenue (ARR), customer base, and headcount over the past year. The company plans to maintain and exceed previous revenue growth, drive employee growth at its headquarters in the RDU Triangle, and actively support a remote working environment. JupiterOne also recently secured a $70 Series C million funding round, bringing the company’s total raised by more than $119 million and its estimated value more than 1 million dollar.
Erkang ZhengFounder and CEO at JupiterOne
“Businesses are forced to adapt quickly as the rules of the business change. In my experience as a CISO, the first step to successfully defending against bad actors is to understand what assets and What asset relationships exist in an organization’s environment that need to be protected.This valuable security context from our data literacy platform helps our customers centralize initiatives. their security on what matters most.”
- Resource, Gartner, Hype Cycle for Workload and Network Security 2022″, Charlie Winckless, July 18, 2022.
- Source: Gartner, Hype Cycle for Security Operations, 2022 Andrew Davies, July 5, 2022
- Resources: Gartner, Cybersecurity Top Trends 2022, Peter Firstbrook, Sam Olyaei, Pete Shoard, Katell Thielemann, Mary RuddyFelix Gaehtgens, Richard Addiscott, William Candrick
- Resources: Gartner shares innovative technology for your changing attack surface
Gartner does not endorse any of the vendors, products or services described in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those with the highest ratings or other designations. Gartner research publications include the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner and Hype Cycle are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and internationally and used here with permission. Copyright Registered.
JupiterOne is a network asset attack surface management (CAASM) platform company that provides visibility and security for your entire universe of network assets. Using graphs and relationships, JupiterOne provides a contextual knowledge base for an organization’s network asset operations. With JupiterOne, teams can discover, monitor, understand, and act on changes in their digital environment. Cloud resources, transient devices, identities, access rights, codes, pull requests and more are automatically collected, graphed, and monitored by JupiterOne.
Nathaniel Hawthorne for JupiterOne