Due to the pandemic, the world is gradually moving from an offline world to an online world. Initially, social network was used to socialize and connect with our family, friends and loved ones but nowadays businesses have also started using social media and internet to advertise , marketing and connecting with their customers online.
With the advent of new Digital trends such as Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Blockchain Technology, Web 3.0, Cryptocurrencies and Digital Marketing, it is very likely that these technologies will be used in the future. used for unethical activities
A recent report published by Chainalysis states that crypto-based crime and scams will reach an all-time high in 2021. There are many such cybercrimes happening in India on a daily basis, due to there is a huge need and need for Cyber Security professionals in India.
According to a recent report by the World Economic Forum, the world lacks 3 million experts in the field of cybersecurity.
There is a worldwide shortage of such professionals who are able to provide cyber leadership, audit and secure data systems, and train those in digital hygiene. .
Hence, it is the best time for individuals to pursue a Career in Cybersecurity
How can one start a new career in Cybersecurity in 2022?
A recent graduate who has just come out of her college life thinking about making a good career. Have a technical degree with good programming skills like Java, C++, Pythonetc can help kickstart his/her career in Cyber Security.
The year 2022 has just broken down the barriers of the pandemic and is poised to present some great opportunities for young souls.
A Cybersecurity graduate can build her career in these 5 job profiles:
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Cybersecurity consultant
- Network Security Manager / Administrator
- Developer / Software Engineer
- Systems Engineer
The skills required for an individual to land a desired role in Cybersecurity are as follows:
- Tech skills: It is important for beginners to understand the architecture, administration, and management of Windows, Linux Distros, and have a good understanding of firewalls and network load balancers. Having a degree in cybersecurity will help strengthen the foundations of cybersecurity.
- Problem-solving skills: As a cybersecurity professional, one may face challenges in an existing or emerging technology environment and problem-solving skills will play an important role.
- Understanding of cybersecurity policies: There are many cyber security laws and regulations that can protect people from falling victim to cybercrime and hence one must be aware of these laws.
- Trends of data theft: To effectively protect an organization’s network and infrastructure, it’s important to understand and know hacking trends. This skill will not only help in understanding how a system/network can be breached in a time of need, but also provide creative solutions in times of crisis.
- Network and System Administration: For a deep understanding of networking, one needs to start a career in cybersecurity, and learning networks can help understand the technical aspects of data transmission, which can help further secure data. Besides that, understanding the configuration and every other aspect of computer functionality would be an added advantage.
The following Cybersecurity certificate courses are in high demand and can pave the way to a great career path.
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Cisco Certified Network Contributor (CCNA)
- Certificate in Information and Cybersecurity
- Cloud Security Expert
- PG Certificate in Cybersecurity
- Cloud Computing and Cybersecurity Certification
So in this way one can start a new Cybersecurity career again in 2022 and make their dreams come true.
The views expressed above are those of the author alone.
END THE POST