September 7, 2022
Apple announces the next generation of AirPods Pro
Delivers unrivaled sound quality, enhanced active noise cancellation, and new features for even greater convenience
CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA Apple today announced the second generation of AirPods Pro, the most premium AirPods ever. With the power of the new H2 chip, AirPods Pro unlock groundbreaking audio performance – including major upgrades to Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency Mode – while providing a unique way to experience your music. The Spatial Sound experience is even more immersive. Customers can now enjoy Touch Control for media playback and volume control directly from the camera body, along with longer battery life, an all-new charging case, and additional eartip sizes to more fit.
AirPods Pro (2nd generation) will be available to order online and in the Apple Store app starting Friday, September 9, with stores starting Friday, September 23.
“AirPods have revolutionized the wireless headphone category with their innovative design and incredible sound quality. With the new AirPods Pro, Apple is once again raising the bar,” said Bob Borchers, Apple’s Vice President of Worldwide Product Marketing. “The new AirPods Pro deliver better sound quality, a more immersive listening experience with Personalized Spatial Sound and transformative audio features like Adaptive Transparency. With twice as much noise cancellation as its predecessor, the world’s best-selling wireless headphones are even better. “
Packed in a lightweight and compact body, the power of the new H2 chip delivers a superior audio experience and doubles the noise cancellation of the previous generation AirPods Pro. With new low-distortion audio drivers and custom amplifiers, AirPods Pro now deliver richer bass and crystal-clear sound across more frequency ranges. Since the best audio experience isn’t complete without a great in-ear fit, a new little extra earbud is included so more people can experience the magic of AirPods Pro. .
Transparency mode helps listeners stay connected and aware of the world around them. Now, Adaptive Transparency takes this customer-favorite feature even further. The powerful H2 chip enables on-device processing, which reduces loud environmental noises – like passing car horns, construction tools or even loud speakers at a concert – for comfortable everyday listening. than.
Accurate and immersive sound
With Personalized Spatial Sound, the AirPods listening experience is even more immersive. Users perceive sound individually, based on the size and shape of their head and ears. Using the TrueDepth camera on iPhone, users can create a personal profile for Spatial Sound that delivers a precisely tuned listening experience just for them. Users can enjoy personalized Spatial Sound with music, movies, and TV shows – with dynamic head tracking – on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.first
The magical experience users love from the AirPods family is made even better with the next generation of AirPods Pro. Instant pairing with all Apple devices makes setup a breeze, while a new dedicated AirPods section in iOS Settings allows users to easily access and control their AirPods features.
Users can now control media playback and increase the volume without using another device. With the Touch Control feature on AirPods Pro, a slight swipe up or down on the body allows for quick volume adjustments. Tap the stem to change music, answer phone calls, etc. or say “Hey Siri” to make requests in hands-free mode. An improved, built-in skin detection sensor makes playback on or off more accurately and offers better battery life.
Extended battery life
AirPods Pro provide 1.5 hours more listening time than the first generation, for a total of up to six hours with Active Noise Cancellation.2 Using a case with four additional charges, users can enjoy up to 30 hours of total listening time with Active Noise Cancellation – six hours more than the previous generation.3
For more flexibility on the go, customers can now charge their AirPods Pro with an Apple Watch charger, in addition to a MagSafe charger, a Qi-certified charging mat, or a Lightning cable.
Brand new charging box
AirPods Pro comes with a newly designed charging case that is sweat and water resistant,4 and includes a lanyard loop5 so it’s always within reach. With Precise Find, users with U1-enabled iPhones can locate their charging case using guided directions. The charging case also has a built-in speaker to deliver louder sound, so it’s even easier to locate.
Customers can now personalize the charging case with their personal Memoji, including tailored Memoji, Animoji, and curated list of stickers. To start carving, create and upload a Memoji in the Apple Store app.
AirPods and the Environment
AirPods Pro are designed with a variety of materials and features to minimize their impact on the environment, including the use of 100% recycled rare earth elements in all magnets and – for the first time – 100% recycled gold in the plating of many printed circuit boards. The case also uses 100% recycled tin in the soldering of the main logic board and 100% recycled aluminum in the hinge. AirPods Pro do not contain potentially harmful substances such as mercury, BFRs, PVC and beryllium. The redesigned packaging removes the outer plastic wrap and 90% or more of the packaging is made of fiber-based materials, bringing Apple closer to its goal of completely eliminating plastic from all packaging. in 2025.
Today, Apple is carbon-neutral to its global operations, and by 2030, plans to be 100% carbon-neutral throughout the entire manufacturing supply chain and all product lifecycles. This means that every Apple device sold, from component manufacturing, to assembly, to shipping, to customer use, to charging, all the way through recycling and material recovery, will be free of charge. pure climate impact.
Pricing and Availability
- AirPods Pro (2nd generation) will be available to order $249 (US) from apple.com/store and in the Apple Store app in the US and over 50 other countries and regions starting Friday, September 9, available in stores starting Friday , September 23.
- AirPods (3rd generation) with Lightning Charging Case are now available for $169 (WE). AirPods (3rd generation) with MagSafe Charging Case still available for $179 (WE).
- Customers can now add Memoji engraving to AirPods (2nd generation), AirPods (3rd generation) and AirPods Pro (2nd generation) cases for free, exclusively in the Apple Store app. For more information on engraving Memoji, use the Apple Store app.
- New subscribers can get six months of free Apple Music with the purchase of any AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max. See apple.com/promo for details.
- For full features, use AirPods Pro (2nd generation) paired with an Apple device running the latest operating system software. Personalized Spatial Sound profiles and Find My will be available on iPadOS 16 and macOS Ventura in October.
Apple revolutionized personal technology with the introduction of the Macintosh in 1984. Today, Apple leads the world in innovation with the iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV. Apple’s five software platforms – iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS – provide a seamless experience across all Apple devices and empower everyone with groundbreaking services including the App Store, Apple Music, Apple Pay, and iCloud. More than 100,000 Apple employees are dedicated to creating the best products on earth and making the world a better place than we found it to be.
- Spatial audio works with compatible content in supported apps. Requires an iPhone with a TrueDepth camera to create a profile for Spatial Audio, which will sync across Apple devices running the latest operating system software, including iOS, iPadOS (coming soon in October) , macOS (coming in October) and tvOS.
- 5.5 hours listening time with Spatial Audio enabled.
- Battery life varies depending on usage. See apple.com/bataries for more details.
- AirPods Pro and the charging case are water and sweat resistant for waterless exercise and sports activities, and they are IPX4 rated. Resistance to sweat and water is not a permanent condition.
- Lanyard sold separately.
Apple Media Helpline